Three community nonprofits will be featured:
>>> Center for Transforming Lives
>>> One Safe Place
>>> The Warm Place
Invite a friend who might support the AAUW mission!
Welcome / Zoom login from 6:00 to 6:30
All evening meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom until in person meetings can resume. You are welcome to join in the hospitality pre-meeting gathering starting at 6pm. Tips for Productive Zoom Meetings
ECONOMIC SECURITY FOCUS
When women get equal pay — and equal opportunity — they, their families and all of society will thrive. To get there, we need to embrace diversity, equity and inclusion.
We’ve led the fight for fair pay and economic opportunity for women — and the battle continues: men continue to dominate the top roles and highest-paying professions. The median salary for women is just 82% of the median salary for men—a figure that has barely budged over the past generation.
INTEREST GROUPS continue to meet via Zoom this year, several at good times for WORKING WOMEN.*
- Adelante Book Club, third Monday at 10 am (Tina Caliga) 2020-21 Adelante Book List
- Great Discussions*, second Saturday at 11 am (Tina Caliga)
- Out to Lunch*, second Wednesday at 11:30 am (Marla Parvey)
- Women Writing, fourth Tuesday at 4 pm (Eileen Frey)
- Women and Wine*, last Wednesday at 4:30 pm (Margaret Duryee)
Learn to Negotiate for a New Job, Raise or Promotion — and Gain Confidence TAKE THE AAUW WORK SMART ONLINE COURSE NOW
“EDUCATION REMAINS THE KEY TO BOTH ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL EMPOWERMENT.” — Barbara Jordan, lawyer, educator and politician.
To advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
Please complete form on our Join Us page.
AAUW Tarrant County Branch advances equity for women and girls through:
- Providing Middle School Girls College Mentors
- Funding for College Scholarships for Tarrant County College Students
- AAUW Greatest Needs Fund
- Community Action Projects
- Public Policy
- Offering a place for Women to join in the work to Advance Equity for Women and Girls through:
American Association of University Women
1310 L St. NW, Suite 1000
Washington, D.C. 20005
800-326-2289 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm EST)
202-785-7700 (8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST)