Zoom 101 tutorials are being offered this summer to members on three dates, 7/28, 7/30, and 8/5, from 6:30 to 7:00 pm. Log in to this SignupGenius to secure a spot.
These three interest groups continue to meet via Zoom through August, 2020:
- Adelante Book Club, third Monday at 10 am (Tina Caliga)
- Great Conversations, second Saturday at 11 am (Tina Caliga)
- Women Writing, fourth Tuesday at 4 pm (Eileen Frey)
- Women and Wine, last Wednesday at 4:30 pm (Margaret Duryee).
AAUW Tarrant County Branch is in summer break. Regular meetings resume via Zoom in September.
Learn to Negotiate for a New Job, Raise or Promotion — and Gain Confidence TAKE THE AAUW WORK SMART ONLINE COURSE NOW
“If you choose to use your status and influence to raise your voice on behalf of those who have no voice; if you choose to identify not only with the powerful, but with the powerless; if you retain the ability to imagine yourself into the lives of those who do not have your advantages, then it will not only be your proud families who celebrate your existence, but thousands and millions of people whose reality you have helped change. We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better. “
— JK Rowlings, 2008 Harvard Commencement Speech
To advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
AAUW Tarrant County Branch advances equity for women and girls through:
- Providing Middle School Girls College Mentors
- College Scholarships for Tarrant County Community College Students
- Funding AAUW National and State Education Fellowships and Grants
- Funding AAUW Legal Advocacy Grants
- Community Action Projects
- Public Policy
- Offering a place for Women to join in the work to Advance Equity for Women and Girls through:
American Association of University Women
1310 L St. NW, Suite 1000
Washington, D.C. 20005
800-326-2289 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm EST)
202-785-7700 (8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST)